Only one of the following is an April fool joke.
- Cougar Village will kick me out of my residence after the 7th of May and I’ll have to find somewhere else to live.
- Mafoya has got himself a car.
- Ben has moved out to downtown Edwardsville leaving the whole apartment to me alone.
- I have lost my wallet with all its cash and cards on campus, and got it back. Here it is. I have never lost my wallet, and I doubt that I’ll get it back if I do. I have however lost my gloves and winter hat. I lost it on campus and have never got it back!
- One of my host parents will undergo surgery sometime later this month.
- I have plans to visit Chicago for one more time before I leave this region.
- I have books by four Nobel Prize for Literature winners in my room at the moment.
- I shot a one minute video for CNN on the 20th March, here.
- A new friend of mine – an American – on Sunday referred to Iran as Irania.
- In response to my letter, Western Union will offer 50% discount for two days in April to any part of the world.
As per #10, Western Union will indeed be offering a 50% discount to everywhere in the world on the 6th and 7th. From what I’ve heard from their representative, this is perhaps the most they can bend. Therefore, anyone – Nigerians or not – who want to send money to their loved ones anywhere can do so at a 50% off for two days in April. There is already a hint on their Facebook page. I’m guessing that a detailed announcement will come soon.
Gotcha! Thanks for participating.