9. The tenacity of over a dozen bees that ran after me on the first day I wore cologne out of my room.
8. The absence of rats/rodents in Edwardsville.
7. The unpredictability of the Midwestern weather.
6. The concept of infinity.
5. My reason for writing poems.
4. The incredibly delicious taste of anything I cook.
3. The power of names. *
2. Laws of attraction.
1. The workings of a computer, or any other electronic gadget.
* The Vice-President of Nigeria (now the acting president in the absence of the sick Mr. Yar’adua), aptly named Goodluck had always been lucky in every second-best position he had ever occupied, prompting a now common joke now that if the best man at your wedding is named Goodluck, you would be better off just cancelling the wedding.